Christine Brown [Sister Wives] Wiki-Bio, net worth, divorce, kids, new show, career, facts.
Christine Brown is an American reality TV personality, author, businesswoman and social media influencer. She rose to fame as one of the stars of the TLC show Sister Wives, which follows the life of a polygamous family led by Kody Brown. Christine was Kody’s third wife and they shared six children and three grandchildren. However, after more than two decades of marriage, Christine decided to leave Kody and the plural lifestyle in 2021. She moved to Utah and started a new relationship with David Woolley, whom she got engaged to in April 2023. Christine is also a writer and has written a book about her experience in polygamy. She has a large fan base on Instagram, where she posts about her family, travels, hobbies and interests. In this article, we will take a closer look at the wiki-bio of Christine Brown.
Christine Brown was born on the 18th of April, 1972, in Utah. Born and raised in a polygamist family, her parents Rex Allred and Ruth Ann LeBaron practiced polygamy but the number of sister wives and half-siblings is unknown. Born and raised in an affluent family, Christine graduated from Taylorsville High and decided against going to college. Her early associations with the polygamist lifestyle prepared Christine for the polygamy life when she met her future husband Christine Brown for the very first time in 1990.
Christine Brown is a star of the small screen who has been living a big life. She is one of the Sister Wives, a reality show that documents the unconventional marriage of Kody Brown and his four spouses. Christine joined the family in 1994 as Kody’s third wife and has been sharing her joys and struggles with millions of viewers since 2010. She is also a co-author of a book that reveals the secrets of their polygamous lifestyle. But Christine is more than just a sister wife. She is a mother of six, a businesswoman, a chef, and a fan favorite. She decided to end her relationship with Kody and start a new chapter in Utah where she bought a $1.1 million duplex. She moved there with her youngest daughter Truely in October 2021. Christine has since embarked on a new career path as a cooking show host. In February 2022, she revealed that she was partnering with TLC to launch a new show Cooking with Just Christine, where she cooks family-favorite recipes with some of her kids and her mom. She also sells clothing online and makes personalized videos for her loyal fans. Here is a list of summary of her professional endeavors.
- She is a reality TV star who has been appearing on the TLC show Sister Wives since 2010.
- She is the co-author of a book titled Becoming Sister Wives: The Story of an Unconventional Marriage.
- She works for a clothing company called LuLaRoe, which sells women’s apparel and accessories.
- She makes personalized fan videos on Cameo, a platform that allows celebrities to connect with their fans.
- She launched a new digital series on TLC.com called Cooking with Just Christine, where she shares some of her favorite recipes with her kids and her mom.
- She launched a legal business called CBrown Quest, LLC in May 2020, which has an entity type of domestic LLC and a business type of “any legal purpose”.
In addition to Sisters Wives, Christine has appeared on other reality television shows mostly as a guest. Here is a timeline of her television career according to her IMDB profile.
|Sister Wives||2010-2023||Self||59||Christine is Kody’s third wife and has six children with him. She left the family in 2021 and moved to Utah.|
|WGN Morning News||2019||Self||1||Christine appeared on the show with her daughter Mykelti to promote her online cooking series.|
|The Wendy Williams Show||2011||Self – Guest||1||Christine and the other sister wives discussed their polygamous lifestyle and their book Becoming Sister Wives.|
|The Oprah Winfrey Show||2010||Self||1||Christine and the other sister wives were interviewed by Oprah Winfrey about their unconventional family.|
As of 2023, Christine Brown has a net worth of $1.7 Million which she earned through her professional endeavors as a reality television actor and businesswoman.
Kody Brown and Christine met in 1990 when Kody was visiting Utah with his two wives, Meri and Jannelle. Around the time, Kody was working as a chaperon for a youth wilderness trek and had already married twice. The pair began dating soon after, and Kody proposed to Christine in 1994. The pair married soon after and Christine was welcomed into the Brown family as a sister wife.
Relationship Timeline and Split from Kody:
As one would expect of a household with four wives and 18 children, problems run amock in the Brown household. After Kody’s marriage with Christine, things did not look too good with his first wife, Meri. Meri went so far as to admit that the pair had lost chemistry and admitted that it was difficult for her to welcome Christine into the family.
“Janelle’s relationship with Kody, although they loved each other, it wasn’t romantic. It was easier for me to accept. His with Christine was more romantic and he cared about her much more so I felt threatened.”
One of the things Christine and Kody often debated was living under the same roof. While Kody wants all of his sister’s wives to live under the same roof, Christine and the other sisters’ wives are strongly against the idea. Frustrated by his wive’s behavior, Kody took the matter to the producers saying,
“One of my biggest frustrations, to be honest, was with Christine not getting past her past experience enough to give it good consideration.”
And over the years, they faced many challenges such as jealousy, legal issues, financial problems and intimacy struggles. They tried to work on their issues for years, but they could not overcome their differences. Christine decided to leave Kody and start a new life. Christine and Kody still co-parent their six children, but they have moved on from their marriage. They are no longer sister wives.
Here is a timeline of their relationship, from their spiritual wedding to their dramatic split.
- March 25, 1994: Christine and Kody got spiritually married in a ceremony that was not legally recognized. Christine changed her last name to Brown and became Kody’s third wife, after Meri and Janelle. Christine grew up in a polygamous family and said she wanted to have a family and not just a man.
- March 14, 1995: Christine gave birth to her first child with Kody, a daughter named Aspyn.
- June 9, 1996: Their second daughter, Mykelti, was born.
- August 7, 1998: Their only son, Paedon, was born.
- October 15, 2001: Their next daughter, Gwendlyn, was born.
- March 7, 2003: Their fifth child, Ysabel, was born.
- August 2009: The Brown family, including Christine, Kody, and his other wives, began filming Sister Wives for TLC. The show documented their polygamous lifestyle and the challenges they faced as a plural family.
- April 13, 2010: Christine and Kody welcomed their sixth and youngest child, Truely.
- Fall 2010: The Brown family went public with their polygamy on Good Morning America around the time of the first season premiere of Sister Wives. They faced backlash and legal troubles from the state of Utah, where polygamy was a felony at that time.
- 2010: Christine voiced jealousy as early as the first season of Sister Wives. She had a hard time with jealousy when Robyn entered the family as Kody’s fourth wife on season one of Sister Wives, especially when she learned that Kody helped pick out Robyn’s wedding dress.
- January 2011: The Browns fled Utah for Las Vegas, Nevada. On season two of Sister Wives, presumably filmed in early 2011, the Brown family had to suddenly move out of Utah to Las Vegas due to the threat of prosecution for practicing polygamy.
- 2011: The first signs of trouble between Christine and Kody appeared on season three of Sister Wives. Christine said Kody wasn’t “equal with his time” and “caters” to Robyn. “Our relationship really isn’t that great,” she said.
- September 2020: Christine’s daughter Ysabel underwent major surgery to correct her scoliosis. The specialist was located out of state and required travel to New Jersey, but Kody declined to join them for the operation, citing concerns about traveling during the COVID-19 pandemic. Christine said this was the final straw that made her leave Kody. “He broke my little girl’s heart,” she said. “I really find it hard to stay with a guy who I don’t respect”.
- November 2021: Christine announced that she was leaving Kody after nearly 26 years of marriage. She said that she was unhappy and felt like she had given up on her dreams for the sake of the family. She also said that she wanted to be with someone who loved her the way she wanted to be loved.
Moving on & Engagement:
Christine and David met through a mutual friend in December 2022 and started dating shortly after. They went public with their relationship on Valentine’s Day 2023 when they posted photos of each other on Instagram.
Christine and David share a love for traveling, cooking, and spending time with family. They have visited places like California and Utah, where they enjoyed attractions like Universal Studios and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Christine and David got engaged in April 2023 after four months of dating. David proposed to Christine in Utah with a diamond ring that is estimated to be worth around $70,000.
Christine said that David treats her like a queen and tells her she is beautiful every day. She also said that he is wonderful and kind, incredible with her children and an adorable grandpa.
Christine said that she has never been in love like this before and that the world seems like a brighter place with him in it. She also called him her soulmate and the love of her life.
Christine Brown Wiki/Bio Facts:
|Full name||Christine Ruth Allred Brown|
|Date of birth||April 18, 1972|
|Age||51 years old|
|Place of birth||Taylorsville, Utah, USA|
|Occupation||Businesswoman, real estate agent, reality TV personality, author, social media personality|
|Net worth||$1.7 Million|
|Husband||Kody Brown (1994-2021)|
|Fiancé||David Woolley (engaged in April 2023)|
|Children||Aspyn Kristine Thompson, Mykelti Ann Padron, Paedon Rex Brown, Gwendlyn Genielle Brown, Ysabel Paige Brown, Truely Grace Brown|
|Grandchildren||Avalon Asa Padron, Archer Banks Padron, Ace McCord Padron|
|Siblings||Janelle Brown (sister wife), Robyn Brown (sister wife), Meri Brown (sister wife), unknown brothers and sisters|
|Parents||Rex Allred (father), Ruthann LeBaron (mother)|
|Grandfather||Rulon C. Allred (founder of the Apostolic United Brethren)|
|Height||5 feet and 7 inches (170 cm)|
|Weight||55 kg (121 lbs)|
|Body measurements||35-27-37 inches|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Reality show||Sister Wives (2010-present)|